Radiographic Assistant Course October 2019
Coventry University Technology Park ,Puma way, Coventry CV1 2TT
CT and MRI courses have been delivered at this location for over fifteen years. It has excellent conference facilities and the three course hot lunch is fantastic.
See venue tab on the home page for more details.
Ibis Hotel Mile Lane, CV1 2LN – closest
Premier Inn - walking distance
Spire View Guest House, CV1 2LD – 024 7625 1602 www.spireviewguesthouse.co.uk
Ashleigh House, B&B - 02476 228200
The Radiographic Assistants course is run over two days to cover CT and MRI in more detail.
Delegates can choose whether to attend for one day or both of the days.
This modular two day course is aimed at expanding and updating the knowledge of Radiographic Assistants, support workers and admin staff based in MRI or CT departments. You can attend either one day or both days depending on your interest and availability. It is designed to provide a valuable insight into the roles of the various clinical teams, encourage best practice and help you further support your clinical staff. Lectures are delivered by practicing clinical radiographers.
Course Content Topics include:
Day One : CT Day Two : MRI
- CT technology and terminology MRI Safety
- Overview of CT Introdcution to basic physics
- CT patient positioning MRI contrast agents
- Radiation dose and legislation MRI patient and coil positioning
- CT images, anatomy/pathology Patient preparation and information
- CT contrast agents and pump injectors MRI Technology and terminology
- Role of CT in imaging Role of MRI in imaging
- Principles of appropriate referring MRI anatomy/pathology
Lunch and refreshments provided throughout the day